Cross-Party Politics: A Holyrood Manifesto for 2021
Reform Scotland calls on all parties to combine in the national interest
Reform Scotland, the independent, non-partisan think tank, today publishes Cross-Party Politics: a Holyrood Manifesto for 2021.
The document brings together a range of Reform Scotland policies which are shared by a mix of Holyrood’s five parties in an effort to display that the Scottish Parliament is capable of more than simply arguing about Scotland’s constitution.
Policies outlined in the manifesto include:
- Devolving VAT and Corporation Tax
- Creating a new land use strategy
- A feasibility study on pay-as-you-drive road pricing
- Directly electing mayors
- Allowing all children to take eight National 5 exams
- Setting a single date to start early years childcare
- Piloting the devolution of healthcare to local authorities
- Introducing a Basic Income Guarantee
- Banning short prison sentences
The full manifesto can be read below.