Independent Commission on Banking: meeting on 11th April and public events
The Independent Commission on Banking held its ninth meeting on the afternoon of Monday April 11th. The Commission discussed arrangements for the consultation process, and examined further some of the design issues associated with a UK retail ring-fence. The Commission also agreed on an updated work plan for the next six months.
The Commission will host two public events in May to gather the thoughts of consumers, businesses and other interested parties in response to the Commission’s Interim Report.
Details of the events are as follows:
• London, 6.30pm on 24th May 2011. The event, titled ‘Your voice for Better Banking’ will be hosted by Which? at Dexter’s House, 2 Royal Mint Ct, London, EC3N 4LP, and will focus on competition.
• Edinburgh, 6.30pm on 26th May 2011. The event will be hosted by Reform Scotland, at the Queen Mother Conference Centre at the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 9 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JQ. The event will focus on financial stability.
Sir John Vickers will represent the Commission at both events. Other panellists will be confirmed by the host organisations in due course.
Notes to Editors
1. For further information and to register for the London event, please go to www.which.co.uk/yourvoice.
2. To attend the Edinburgh event, please contact Nefertali Deeb on Nefertali.Deeb@reformscotland.com.
3. The Commission’s Interim Report can be found on its website at: http://bankingcommission.independent.gov.uk
4. The members of the Independent Commission on Banking are Sir John Vickers, Clare Spottiswoode, Martin Taylor, Bill Winters and Martin Wolf.
5. Press enquiries during office hours should be directed to the Commission’s Duty Press Officer on 07787 059 259.